Begins June 2, 2021
Clients-Only Meeting – Educational Seminars – Peer Insights – Breakout Sessions
FFLGuard – known throughout the firearms industry as the gold standard for legal services, compliance solutions, and technology guidance – is proud to present a virtual, multi-day symposium beginning on June 2nd highlighted by its 13th Annual Clients-Only Meeting. For the first time, FFLGuard will invite EVERY federal firearms licensee (FFL) to its yearly proceedings by adding an unprecedented line-up of “thought leadership” presentations and seminars delivered by firearms industry experts.
Headlined by strategic partnerships with Gearfire and FastBound, this re-imagination of the traditional firearms industry symposium delivers a flexible, schedule-friendly, cost-effective event for FFLGuard clients and non-clients alike. Any FFL, as well as their entire staff, can attend FFLGuard’s multi-day, virtual symposium to gain unmatched knowledge of firearms law and compliance, input into FFL specific operational challenges, and insights around cutting-edge firearms technology utilized by business leaders in the industry for less than $99 per organization… and at ZERO COST to FFLGuard clients!
With speakers scheduled from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the National Rifle Association (NRA), the American Suppressor Association (ASA), the National Association of Sporting Good Wholesalers (NASGW), and many other firearms organizations, EVERY FFL – whether an FFLGuard client or not – will have the unique opportunity to interact with the experts from these organizations right from the comfort and safety of home, and without interfering with work schedules or personal life. In addition, an array of firearms business trailblazers across the nation will be available to talk after their sessions as they share their personal playbooks for success.
This year’s event is also powered by support from notable, industry leaders such as EPICOR, BRINK’S, HECKLER & KOCH, IWI, CELERANT, LIPSEY’S, GUNS.COM and TRIDENT 1. Best of all, participation in this one-of-a-kind, dynamic learning experience is unquestionably affordable. This year, there’s no need for any FFL to waste hard-earned dollars at other conferences that are saddled with exorbitant participation fees, additional travel expenses, potential scheduling conflicts, repetitive material, unabashed sales-pitches, and possible public heath risks, all jeopardizing the attendees’ well-being and budget.
Invited symposium speakers include:
- Leadership of Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF)
- Office of the Director (Acting ATF Director and/or Deputy Director)
- Alphonso Hughes (Assistant Director, Enforcement Programs and Services (EPS))
- Tom Chittum (Assistant Director, Field Operations (FO))
- Megan Bennett (Deputy Assistant Director (Industry Operations), FO)
- Andy Graham (Deputy Assistant Director, EPS)
- Marianna Mitchem (Chief, Firearms and Explosives Services Division)
- Earl Griffith (Chief, Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division)
- Steve Rosenthal (Chief, National Firearms Act Division)
- James Vann, Esq. (Associate Chief Counsel, Firearms and Explosives Law Division)
- Chris Chiafullo (National Coordinating Counsel, FFLGuard) (Chair, Law and Compliance Track)
- Alexis Tunell (Chief Strategy Officer, Gearfire) (Chair, Technology Track)
- Hank Yacek (CEO, Point of Impact, LLC and current FFLGuard Subject Matter Expert) (Chair, Business Operations Track)
- Jim Zammillo (Former Deputy Assistant Director/Industry Ops – ATF and FFLGuard Subject Matter Expert Emeritus)
- Michael Bouchard (Former Assistant Director – ATF, and current FFLGuard Subject Matter Expert)
- Rick Vasquez (Former Acting Chief, Firearms Technology Branch – ATF and current FFLGuard Subject Matter Expert)
- Chuck D. Michel, Esq. (Partner, Michel & Associates)
- Larry Keane, Esq. (SVP and General Counsel, NSSF)
- Chris Conte, Esq. (Litigation Counsel, NRA)
- Stephen Halbrook, Esq. (Noted Attorney and Second Amendment Scholar)
- John and Chris Renzulli, Esqs. (Partners, Renzulli Law Firm)
- Scott Allan, Esq. (Senior Associate, Renzulli Law Firm and current FFLGuard HelpDesk Subject Matter Expert)
- Owen Miller (Director of Outreach, ASA)
- Kenyon Gleason (President, NASGW)
- Jason Smith (CEO, FastBound)
- Jarad Haselton (COO, FastBound)
- JW Shultz (CEO, GearFire)
- Chad Seaverns (COO, Gearfire)
- Sam Kirkland (National Business Development Strategist, EPICOR)
- Steve Urvan (Outgoing CEO, GunBroker.com)
- Jeff Perry (Director of Firearms, Equipment and Regulatory Compliance, Brink’s)
- Jake Newbold (Former Navy SEAL and CEO/President, Trident1)
- Jamison Collins (VP of Sales, Trident1)
- Brandon Maddox (CEO, Dakota Silencer and FFL 1-2-3)
- Richard Sprague (Owner, Sprague’s Sports in Yuma, AZ)
- Laurie Aronson (President, Lipsey’s)
- John Whitehall (CEO, Sandler Training)
- Jeff Tesch (Director of Business Development, Guns.com)
- Mark Finnerty (Principal, DL Exports)
- Ismail Amin, Esq. (Partner, The Amin Law Group)
- Trent Yager (Principal, Firearms Insurance Agents)
- Doug VanderWoude (Managing Director, Range Systems)
- Bob Aronson (Chief Revenue Officer and ERP Specialist, Cre8tive LLC)
- Joe Chiarello (Principal, Joseph Chiarello & Co. Insurance Agency)
- Jerry Rivera (Former NYPD Detective 2d Grade – Computer Crimes Division, Current CEO of Trident Blue Investigations)
FFLGuard will conduct its main track virtually on June 2, 2021 with its Welcome, a to-be-announced Keynote Speaker, and various LIVE, interactive meetings with ATF personnel. It will conclude the day with its annual, attorney-client privileged Clients-Only Meeting for all FFLGuard clients, and simultaneous NSSF-run public service and value-add seminars for non-FFLGuard clients.
On June 3-4, 2021, FFLGuard will showcase over 20 different educational seminars over 3 dedicated tracks: Law and Compliance (hosted by FFLGuard National Coordinating Counsel, Chris Chiafullo), Business Operations (hosted by Point of Impact CEO, Hank Yacek), and Firearms Technology (hosted by Gearfire Chief Strategy Officer, Alexis Tunell). These offerings will be broadcast live and then available on demand 24/7 for the remainder of the week. Of course, the initial live broadcast of every seminar will be open for Q&A while underway, with the opportunity for breakout meetings and “fireside chats” to be scheduled between speaker and attendees at the end of each session.
“Our Annual Clients-Only Meeting has always been well-attended for the past decade plus, so surrounding it this year with other talks from experts, as well as educational opportunities, seemed to be a great value-add,” stated Chris Chiafullo, Founder and National Coordinating Counsel of FFLGuard. “When notables at ATF, NSSF, Gearfire, and elsewhere indicated they’d be interested in participating in our event, it all just fell into place. We don’t usually open our doors to those outside our clientele, but it seems as though the firearms industry at-large remains hungry to utilize the expertise that we have provided our clients for decades.” Chiafullo went on to note that “FFLGuard attorneys and experts in the field have long been considered the best-of-the-best to lead the way, and this is simply a reaffirmation of that fact.”
Chiafullo also noted that having the NSSF on board for the 2021 FFLGuard Symposium would act as for the perfect bookend to the NSSF’s “Range & Retail Business Expo” later in the summer, where FFLGuard personnel would be appearing live and in person. “With the danger that faces the firearms industry and Second Amendment under the current administration, it’s important that those of us who actually know what we are doing – including the NSSF and other notable speakers at our Symposium – be on the same page to assist all FFLs, big and small. If not, this way of life that we’ve all supported and embraced will be dismantled and destroyed quickly.”
Registration for the 2021 FFLGuard Symposium opens on April 1, 2021 at both fflconf.com and right from the home page on FFLGuard.com. Schedules and Agenda/Seminar Topics to be released soon after on April 15, 2021.
For more information, visit FFLGuard.com or call FFLGuard at 888-335-4731.