FastBound, the industry-leading electronic firearms acquisition, and disposition (A&D) record-keeping solution, has released a significant software update packed with exciting new features and improvements. We’re thrilled to share the details of this update, which includes enhanced security measures, streamlined API functionality, and improved user experience. Let’s dive into the highlights of this release!
New Security Features
- Network Locations: FastBound now offers an optional IP Firewall feature to provide an additional layer of security. This feature ensures that access to your account is only possible from authorized IP addresses, preventing unauthorized access and safeguarding sensitive data.
- Require Two Factor Authentication: FastBound has introduced a new account security setting to require two-factor authentication. When enabled for an account, any user accessing that account must be enrolled in two-factor authentication (2FA).
Improvements: API and Functionality Enhancements
- BulkVerify API Response: FastBound has added extra fields to the VerifiedItem in the BulkVerify API response, allowing for more comprehensive data retrieval and a smoother integration experience.
- Search Items via API: Users can now search for items using the API with PO, Invoice, or Shipment Tracking Numbers, making it easier to locate items in FastBound.
- 30-Day Hard Stop: FastBound implemented a hard stop when Q36 occurs more than 30 calendar days after Q27.a, ensuring compliance with regulations and avoiding potential errors.
- Additional Buyer Birth Date Checks: FastBound has added extra birth date checks to improve the buyer-facing 4473 form. This prevents users from entering a birth date that would make them over 100 years old, maintaining the accuracy of the data.
- Send OTSN/NTN to 4473 Cloud: FastBound now sends the OTSN/NTN directly to the 4473 Cloud, streamlining data transmission and ensuring compliance.
- Duplicate Serial Check: The FastBound account API call now includes which duplicate serial check an account uses, providing an extra layer of verification and preventing potential errors.
- Other API Enhancements: The Acquisition and Disposition Commit endpoints now return additional details, enabling a smoother API experience. Additionally, FastBound has improved the performance for accounts making large numbers of acquisition commit calls in parallel.
User Experience Improvements
- Pending Dispositions Link: FastBound has updated the Pending Dispositions link on the Contacts page, making it more accessible and user-friendly.
- Dispose License Expires Field: The Dispose License Expires field has been added to the Disposed Items Report, providing more comprehensive information for users.
- Updated Messaging for Denied Contacts: The messaging for denied contacts has been updated to no longer state that saving a terminated 4473 is not required, ensuring clarity and compliance.
- Improved Multiple Sale Report Check: FastBound has enhanced the check for previous Multiple Sale Reports (MSRs), streamlining the process and reducing potential errors.
FastBound’s latest software update is a testament to its commitment to continuously enhancing its platform, providing users with a secure, efficient, and user-friendly experience. With added security features, improved API functionality, and various user experience enhancements, FastBound continues to set the standard for electronic firearms A&D record-keeping solutions.