Digitally signing the ATF Form 4473 with your finger definitely works in a pinch (no pun intended). Still, when you want authentic signatures, you should use 4473 Electronic Signature software that supports a digital signature pad like the ones provided by Topaz Systems™.
FastBound was the first FFL software with support for 4473 Electronic Signatures with native support the Topaz™ digital signature pads for buyers and sellers to electronically sign ATF Form 4473.
FastBound will also fall back to on-screen signing with a finger or stylus for when you don’t have a supported digital signature pad available.
In 2018, according to the ATF, five of the ten most frequently cited violations were related to failures that FastBound is designed to check for and help prevent, including:
- Transferee did not properly complete Section A, F 4473 – 27 CFR 124(c)(1)
- Licensee did not record on F 4473 the date on which NICS was contacted – 27 CFR478.124 (c)(3)(iv)
- Licensee did not sign and date F 4473 – 27 CFR 478.124 (c)(5)
- Licensee failed to obtain and/or document purchaser’s Identification document – 27 CFR 478.124(c)(3)(i)
- Licensee failed to properly identify firearm on F 4473 – 27 CFR 124(c)(4)
Do you find yourself squinting and guessing what a customer wrote on their 4473? And then typing it into your system can be such a hassle. Or maybe you’re thinking about hiring someone to do data entry to take it off your plate but still keep up with the demand. We have a system for you that will save a ton of time and money!
It works like this: your customer fills out a 4473 on any Mac, PC, tablet, or smartphone, you add firearm(s), perform a background check, and you’re on to the next sale.
You save time on sales and follow-ups for customers who filled out the form incorrectly or are prohibited users- our system takes care of that. We have the most compliant and user-friendly electronic 4473 on the market that will also save your eyes from the strain of trying to decipher illegible handwriting.