Electronic 4473 (E4473) With Digital Storage
FastBound Electronic 4473 transforms any computer, tablet, or even your buyer’s smartphone into a compliant 4473 with digital signature support with no transaction fees or special hardware requirements. The system is full of legal tips and advice and backed by lawyers who specialize in firearms regulations. The platform is designed to help the gun dealer remain in compliance and grow their business through easy and comprehensive access to forms and electronic submission of those forms.
That little fact makes it easy for a firearm purchaser to access the forms needed and with FastBound, the system helps you fill out the form and highlights errors.
As ATF Form 4473 evolves, FastBound makes sure that you’re using the latest form, which is an essential part of staying compliant. Not only does FastBound have the most compliant Electronic 4473 available, but we also work closely with the FFL attorneys at FFLGuard to proactively monitor for upcoming changes to ATF Forms so that you’re always using the latest and greatest. FastBound is widely accepted as an accurate document creation platform and storage system within the firearms industry.
FastBound makes it easy to fill out, submit, and store form 4473. It also makes the process easier for gun owners to sell firearms to an FFL.
Do you find yourself squinting and guessing what a customer wrote on their 4473? And then typing it into your system can be such a hassle. Or maybe you’re thinking about hiring someone to do data entry to take it off your plate but still keep up with the demand. We have a system for ATF-licensed dealers that will save a ton of time and money and meet all the ATF regulations.Our compliant Electronic 4473 works like this:
- You add firearm(s)
- Buyer completes and electronically signs their 4473 on any Mac, PC, tablet, or smartphone
- Seller performs a background check and completes their sections – which can include an interstate identification index check. The form contains a transaction number to help keep sales separate and additional information.
- On to the next sale
You will save time on sales and follow-ups for customers who filled out the form incorrectly or are prohibited users- our system takes care of that. We have the most compliant and user-friendly electronic 4473 on the market that will also save your eyes from the strain of trying to decipher illegible handwriting.
In 2018, according to the ATF, five of the ten most frequently cited violations were related to failures that FastBound is designed to check for and help prevent, including:
- The transferee did not properly complete Section A, Form 4473 – 27 CFR 124(c)(1)
- The licensee did not record on Form 4473 the date on which NICS was contacted – 27 CFR478.124 (c)(3)(iv)
- The licensee did not sign and date Form 4473 – 27 CFR 478.124 (c)(5)
- Licensee failed to obtain and/or document purchaser’s Identification document – 27 CFR 478.124(c)(3)(i)
- Licensee failed to properly identify firearm on Form 4473 – 27 CFR 124(c)(4)
What is Form 4473
Form 4473 is a firearm transaction record that is six pages long and issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. It functions in the United States as a way to authorize, check, and allow the transfer of firearms from a seller to a buyer when the seller has a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and the buyer is not prohibited from owning a firearm.
Form 4473, in part, makes sure that the actual transferee has properly verified that the buyer’s identity and performed a background check. A straw purchase of firearms occurs when the buyer of a gun undergoes a federal background check and buys the gun for someone who cannot pass the background check and is an unlawful user. That process is a violation of federal law and law enforcement will get involved.
Why it’s Important to Fill Out 4473 CorrectlyThe FFL can deny the transfer of a firearm for reasonable cause. If the Firearm Transaction Record is not properly filled out, the Federal Firearms Licensee could deny the transfer. Even if the gun is used for recreational purposes, a correct form 4473 must be submitted. The form contains data such as:
- The buyer’s name, personal information, and residence address.
- The buyer’s criminal background number or the data to initiate it.
- The gun’s serial number.
- Information about the firearm dealer, including the FFL license number. etc.
- Felony convictions,
- Arrests for controlled substances, narcotic drug convictions, or illegal drug dealings,
- A history of mental illness,
- Sometimes denial is due to a criminal investigation not yet settled.